Learn About Ceph
As contributors to various open source projects, we have practical experience with deployments of many production environements, adoption and upgrade challenges.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for:
- Sys admins
- Storage admins
- Cloud admins
Why should I attend?
You are evaluating storage options and looking to get started using Ceph.
You would like to better understand the Ceph and OpenStack ecosystems.
You would like to learn how to implement, run and or upgrade Ceph.
Introduction to Ceph, the mechanisms behind its architecture, and the value of an all-in-one storage platform. Overview of architectural requirements, and storage ecosystems including Red Hat’s distribution.
Duration: 1 day
Remote: $1500/attendee (minimum 6 attendees)
On Premise: $2500/attendee (minimum 6 attendees)
Experience using Linux CLI and a general understanding storage and networking
Mac, Linux OS or Windows laptop with SSH client (putty, cygwin), web browser supporting HTML5
- Minimum viable production cluster design
- Storage calculation
- Real-life production: what it looks like
- Operations tools overview
- Object storage: understand and use the RADOS gateway
- File storage: a look at CephFS
- Block storage: understand RADOS block device
- Ceph and OpenStack
- A look at a Ceph Ansible deployment
- Using the CLI (ceph / radosgw-admin / rbd)
- Configuration of users for Object, Block and File System with CephX
- Using Python-Swift Client and CyberDuck to access your object store
- Integration with Keystone with LDAP